Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
After RV, Living partially off the grid I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
After RV, Living partially off the grid I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
After RV, Living partially off the grid I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
After RV, Living partially off the grid I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
After RV, Living partially off the grid I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
After RV, Living partially off the grid I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
After RV, Living partially off the grid I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
After RV, Living partially off the grid I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
After RV, Living partially off the grid I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
After RV, Living partially off the grid I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
After RV, Living partially off the grid I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
After RV, Living partially off the grid I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
After RV, Living partially off the grid I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
After RV, Living partially off the grid I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
After RV, Living partially off the grid I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
After RV, Living partially off the grid I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
After RV, Living partially off the grid I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
After RV, Living partially off the grid I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
After RV, Living partially off the grid I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
After RV, Living partially off the grid I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

After RV, Living partially off the grid

+5
Alchemist
rrm7777
ETFlash
trader
rick152
9 posters

Go down

After RV, Living partially off the grid Empty After RV, Living partially off the grid

Post by rick152 Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:48 pm

Good morning everyone. I have been considering, for some time now, after RV how would I live.

I for one will not be able to just sit under a umbrella with a drink in my hand. I will stay busy. I intend to put a substancial amoumt into a trust set asdie for philanthropic endeavors, (something I have always wished to do). Purchase a couple businesses or rental properties to maintain and grow net worth, and a few other things.

One Idea I have been kicking around has been to obtain a large tract of land in a low tax, good climate, and more free than CA state. On this tract I was thinking about setting up a sort of communial living enviroment. Where we would partially grow our own food,and so forth.

What I imagine this could look like would be, some residents work on the property some outside and contribute monies, still others a little of both. There might be some solar. wind and generator power supplies. Some animals for food alnog with the greenhouse food grown on site. Pretty much off, if not completely off the grid where we set up our own security and so forth. Basically for us working stiffs it will be pretty hard to just lie around and do nothing but we would be safe and away from the rest of the turmoil of the rest of the world. We still could be involved with our political and religious ewndeavors with the benefit of having our own freedoms and maintaing them. Kind of like control for us.

Anyway just throwing this up for consideration and comment to see what you think. If you have any other ideas please feel free to add to this posting and lets see where it goes. Thank you and love each other and yourself...rick152
rick152
rick152
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

After RV, Living partially off the grid Empty Re: After RV, Living partially off the grid

Post by trader Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:24 pm

Hey Rick.....Been thinking a lot about post rv what our family is going to be doing too......

Check out these homes in New Mexico if you haven't seen them already......Pretty cool...we will be going out there to check them out once this hits......

http://www.earthship.com/

trader

Back to top Go down

After RV, Living partially off the grid Empty Re: After RV, Living partially off the grid

Post by ETFlash Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:32 pm

Seems like I remember some people trying this in the '60s! LOL

ETFlash

Back to top Go down

Post by rrm7777 Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:40 pm

Hi rick.

Been thinking about post RV as well. I heard once on the chat RQ and others were talking about aquaponics. Never heard about it before, so I thought I would give it a look see. Very interesting stuff. It's raising vegetables in only water, and using fish to give then nutrients, and the plants help feed the fish as well. Quite a cycle.

You can raise veggies, fish, shrimp and crawfish all in the same system, and they pretty much take care of each other. There is obviously a little work involved, but you will get the idea if you check it out.

Just go to youtube and do a search for aquaponics. Here are 3 links I like. There are many more.

God bless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pyz55YHE_Is&NR=1&feature=fvwp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7wqpR8IiFc&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZj6llLsQyE
rrm7777
rrm7777

Back to top Go down

Post by Alchemist Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:44 pm

I would love to come help.

Here are some topics that might be revisited, in line with this post:
http://dinardaily.forumotion.com/t2043-energy-independance-dare-to-dream?highlight=Energy+independence

http://dinardaily.forumotion.com/t1482-one-million-lbs-of-food-10000-fish-grown-on-3-acres?highlight=One+million+pounds+food

http://dinardaily.forumotion.com/t2072-part-2one-million-lbs-of-food-10000-fish-grown-on-3-acres?highlight=One+million+pounds+food

http://dinardaily.forumotion.com/t1560-david-blume-talks-about-how-petroleum-became-our-fuel-source-energy-independance?highlight=Energy+independence

http://dinardaily.forumotion.com/t1701-energy-independance?highlight=Energy+independence

http://dinardaily.forumotion.com/t1734-energy-independance-truck-runs-on-wood-as-fuel?highlight=Energy+independence

Alchemist
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by aksafeone Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:52 pm

Sounds like a mini - Amana Colonies or similar Amish community. One thing to remember though is what happened in Waco and with the communes of the 60's and 70's. Mostly the coop living idea with getting off the grid is appealing, however one has to be reminded of kool-aid and the like.

Living off the gird does not have to be with others in a "common area." One can set up their home/lot/acres to get one off the grid. Wind, solar and magnetic energy to generate power and wood/coal/biomass furnaces to provide heat goes a long way to that end. Greenhouses and gardens with a few domesticated animals to feed ones hunger cravings isn't too bad either.

Security? If you stay under the radar and take a "few precautions" and install certain " friendly" detection devices (German shephard, Doberman, video camera, lazer/infrared decectors etc.) one probably does not need to "gather together" and hire security personnel. Besides, how secure are those that one would hire. Seems to me that would be one way to get in - pose as a security person or get hired and after all appears cool - Whammo.

Just something to think about while we WAIT for the blessing - hour by hour.

Hears to a quiet, peaceful, blessed event with no negatives appearing.
aksafeone
aksafeone
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by rick152 Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:10 pm

Wow these are all great thoughts. As to living as in Waco I have invisioned not all living in the same house but working together with the Living part. The kids might still attend school to gain the outside influence of the world but have an extreme safe living environment at home with wholesome work ethics and the like, along with living in a cooperative spirit not living a ME ME ME type of life so often prevelant in todays society. Off the grid doesn't have need be total isolation...IMO...rick152
rick152
rick152
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tootles Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:15 pm

trader wrote:Hey Rick.....Been thinking a lot about post rv what our family is going to be doing too......

Check out these homes in New Mexico if you haven't seen them already......Pretty cool...we will be going out there to check them out once this hits......

http://www.earthship.com/

These are very cool homes. Mamma earth sure will appreciate what you are doing, that's for sure!
tootles
tootles
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tootles Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:18 pm

aksafeone wrote:Sounds like a mini - Amana Colonies or similar Amish community. One thing to remember though is what happened in Waco and with the communes of the 60's and 70's. Mostly the coop living idea with getting off the grid is appealing, however one has to be reminded of kool-aid and the like.

Living off the gird does not have to be with others in a "common area." One can set up their home/lot/acres to get one off the grid. Wind, solar and magnetic energy to generate power and wood/coal/biomass furnaces to provide heat goes a long way to that end. Greenhouses and gardens with a few domesticated animals to feed ones hunger cravings isn't too bad either.

Security? If you stay under the radar and take a "few precautions" and install certain " friendly" detection devices (German shephard, Doberman, video camera, lazer/infrared decectors etc.) one probably does not need to "gather together" and hire security personnel. Besides, how secure are those that one would hire. Seems to me that would be one way to get in - pose as a security person or get hired and after all appears cool - Whammo.

Pretty soon, you will not have to worry about living under the radar. Free energy will be available for all soon. Just keep your ears and eyes open.
tootles
tootles
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tootles Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:19 pm

tootles wrote:
aksafeone wrote:Sounds like a mini - Amana Colonies or similar Amish community. One thing to remember though is what happened in Waco and with the communes of the 60's and 70's. Mostly the coop living idea with getting off the grid is appealing, however one has to be reminded of kool-aid and the like.

Pretty soon, you will not have to worry about living under the radar. Free energy will be available for all soon. Just keep your ears and eyes open.

Ps...the ones that stop it now...well...we just won't need to worry about them. They just won't be a problem.
tootles
tootles
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jewels Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:51 pm

I'm in, Rick!!! We are on the SAME Page!!! I was hoping to meet people of "like minds" after the RV to do something like this! Even though we will all have lots of money to do all kinds of fun things, I truly believe we need to set up for Survival First and prepare for "hard times ahead" in this country.

WOW!!!!! Lots of great ideas here! Let me add that we should find property with aquifers, probably somewhere in the mountains.........also stay away from property around New Madrid Fault line.

Put me on the list, Rick! And thanks for getting this started!

Jewels

jewels

Back to top Go down

Post by scaramouche Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:06 pm

Interesting idea, Rick. I've been batting the same thing around. My commune would either be creative based and geared to produce Christian TV and movie content or a place for believers who are homeless but willing to work. I've already got a place picked out with 30 acres of tillable land and 30 acres of forest. Check out Tennessee - the property taxes are dirt cheap - and the only state income tax is on interest/dividends. Of course with an RV, you might have considerable interest income. As was pointed out - you don't need a commune to get off the grid - and if you do bring a bunch of a people together - selection of individuals allowed and government becomes a big concern. If you haven't read it already, The End of the World as We Know It is a great resource for off the grid preparation.

scaramouche

Back to top Go down

Post by rick152 Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:14 pm

At first I wasn't sure the kind of response I would get Thank you. I have invisioned a tract of about 500 acres. I have been looking west of Dallas and in TN also. We definately need to keep this alive for ALL of the suggestions and creativity. This is a real possibility to make ourselves safe and secure in our next life endeavors. There is no reason why this can't work. You all have great ideas I like it...rick152
rick152
rick152
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum