Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
Virginia Man Pleads Guilty To Defrauding Investors Of $2 Million In Iraqi Dinar Fraud Scheme  3/27/19 I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
Virginia Man Pleads Guilty To Defrauding Investors Of $2 Million In Iraqi Dinar Fraud Scheme  3/27/19 I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
Virginia Man Pleads Guilty To Defrauding Investors Of $2 Million In Iraqi Dinar Fraud Scheme  3/27/19 I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
Virginia Man Pleads Guilty To Defrauding Investors Of $2 Million In Iraqi Dinar Fraud Scheme  3/27/19 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Virginia Man Pleads Guilty To Defrauding Investors Of $2 Million In Iraqi Dinar Fraud Scheme  3/27/19 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Virginia Man Pleads Guilty To Defrauding Investors Of $2 Million In Iraqi Dinar Fraud Scheme  3/27/19 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Virginia Man Pleads Guilty To Defrauding Investors Of $2 Million In Iraqi Dinar Fraud Scheme  3/27/19 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Virginia Man Pleads Guilty To Defrauding Investors Of $2 Million In Iraqi Dinar Fraud Scheme  3/27/19 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Virginia Man Pleads Guilty To Defrauding Investors Of $2 Million In Iraqi Dinar Fraud Scheme  3/27/19 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Virginia Man Pleads Guilty To Defrauding Investors Of $2 Million In Iraqi Dinar Fraud Scheme  3/27/19 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Virginia Man Pleads Guilty To Defrauding Investors Of $2 Million In Iraqi Dinar Fraud Scheme  3/27/19 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Virginia Man Pleads Guilty To Defrauding Investors Of $2 Million In Iraqi Dinar Fraud Scheme  3/27/19 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Virginia Man Pleads Guilty To Defrauding Investors Of $2 Million In Iraqi Dinar Fraud Scheme  3/27/19 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Virginia Man Pleads Guilty To Defrauding Investors Of $2 Million In Iraqi Dinar Fraud Scheme  3/27/19 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Virginia Man Pleads Guilty To Defrauding Investors Of $2 Million In Iraqi Dinar Fraud Scheme  3/27/19 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Virginia Man Pleads Guilty To Defrauding Investors Of $2 Million In Iraqi Dinar Fraud Scheme  3/27/19 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Virginia Man Pleads Guilty To Defrauding Investors Of $2 Million In Iraqi Dinar Fraud Scheme  3/27/19 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Virginia Man Pleads Guilty To Defrauding Investors Of $2 Million In Iraqi Dinar Fraud Scheme  3/27/19 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Virginia Man Pleads Guilty To Defrauding Investors Of $2 Million In Iraqi Dinar Fraud Scheme  3/27/19 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Virginia Man Pleads Guilty To Defrauding Investors Of $2 Million In Iraqi Dinar Fraud Scheme  3/27/19 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

Virginia Man Pleads Guilty To Defrauding Investors Of $2 Million In Iraqi Dinar Fraud Scheme 3/27/19

2 posters

Go down

Virginia Man Pleads Guilty To Defrauding Investors Of $2 Million In Iraqi Dinar Fraud Scheme  3/27/19 Empty Virginia Man Pleads Guilty To Defrauding Investors Of $2 Million In Iraqi Dinar Fraud Scheme 3/27/19

Post by Ssmith Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:22 pm

Virginia Man Pleads Guilty To Defrauding Investors Of $2 Million In Iraqi Dinar Fraud Scheme  3/27/19 Usao_logo Virginia Man Pleads Guilty To Defrauding Investors Of $2 Million In Iraqi Dinar Fraud Scheme  3/27/19 Doj_logo

Department of Justice

U.S. Attorney’s Office

Southern District of New York

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Virginia Man Pleads Guilty To Defrauding Investors Of $2 Million In Iraqi Dinar Fraud Scheme

Geoffrey S. Berman, the United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York, announced that WILLIAM BURANK pled guilty today to defrauding investors in a scheme in which he solicited funds based on false and fraudulent pretenses to purportedly invest in dinar, the currency of Iraq.  Upon obtaining the funds, BURBANK either lost or misappropriated them, and then lied to investors about the state of their investments.  BURBANK pled guilty to wire fraud before U.S. Magistrate Katharine H. Parker.  

U.S. Attorney Geoffrey Berman said:  “William Burbank’s fraud is one of the oldest frauds in the book – using his investors’ money to pay back other investors while lining his own pockets.  Burbank has now copped to his crimes and faces time in prison for his misdeeds.”

According to the allegations contained in the Indictment filed against BURBANK, and statements made in related court filings and proceedings:

From February 2010 through June 2018, BURBANK engaged in a Ponzi-like scheme to defraud more than 150 individual investors, including many U.S. military veterans and their families, of $2 million by soliciting funds through false and fraudulent pretenses.  Specifically, BURBANK falsely claimed to potential investors that their funds would be used to trade in off-exchange foreign currency, namely, to purchase quantities of the Iraqi dinar, through an Iraqi bank headquartered in Bagdad.  In truth and in fact, upon receiving investor funds, BURBANK used those funds to trade in his own brokerage accounts, to make payments to earlier investors, and for his personal expenses, among other things.  Additionally, during the course of his scheme, BURBANK hid from investors the fact that he had misappropriated and lost their funds.  In order to conceal the truth from investors, BURBANK provided them false information regarding the status of their investment, and engaged in a Ponzi-like scheme in which he used money obtained from new investors to make redemption payments to previous investors.

WILLIAM BURBANK, 63, of Virginia Beach, Virginia, pled guilty to one count of wire fraud, which carries a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison.  The maximum potential sentence in this case is prescribed by Congress and is provided here for informational purposes only, as any sentencing of the defendant will be determined by the judge.

BURBANK will be sentenced before U.S. District Judge Richard M. Berman on July 22, 2019, at 11:00 a.m.

U.S. Attorney Berman praised the work of the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

This case is being handled by the Office’s Securities and Commodities Fraud Task Force.  Assistant United States Attorney Christine I. Magdo is in charge of the prosecution.  

Topic(s): 

Securities, Commodities, & Investment Fraud

Component(s): 

USAO - New York, Southern

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/pr/virginia-man-pleads-guilty-defrauding-investors-2-million-iraqi-dinar-fraud-scheme

>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
Ssmith
Ssmith
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Virginia Man Pleads Guilty To Defrauding Investors Of $2 Million In Iraqi Dinar Fraud Scheme  3/27/19 Empty Re: Virginia Man Pleads Guilty To Defrauding Investors Of $2 Million In Iraqi Dinar Fraud Scheme 3/27/19

Post by Kevind53 Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:02 am

And another one bites the dust ...

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Virginia Man Pleads Guilty To Defrauding Investors Of $2 Million In Iraqi Dinar Fraud Scheme  3/27/19 2805820865  Virginia Man Pleads Guilty To Defrauding Investors Of $2 Million In Iraqi Dinar Fraud Scheme  3/27/19 2805820865  Virginia Man Pleads Guilty To Defrauding Investors Of $2 Million In Iraqi Dinar Fraud Scheme  3/27/19 2805820865  Virginia Man Pleads Guilty To Defrauding Investors Of $2 Million In Iraqi Dinar Fraud Scheme  3/27/19 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum