Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
IRAQ, SHELL, MITSUBISH SIGN 12 BILLION DOLLAR GAS DEAL !!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
IRAQ, SHELL, MITSUBISH SIGN 12 BILLION DOLLAR GAS DEAL !!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
IRAQ, SHELL, MITSUBISH SIGN 12 BILLION DOLLAR GAS DEAL !!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
IRAQ, SHELL, MITSUBISH SIGN 12 BILLION DOLLAR GAS DEAL !!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
IRAQ, SHELL, MITSUBISH SIGN 12 BILLION DOLLAR GAS DEAL !!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
IRAQ, SHELL, MITSUBISH SIGN 12 BILLION DOLLAR GAS DEAL !!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
IRAQ, SHELL, MITSUBISH SIGN 12 BILLION DOLLAR GAS DEAL !!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
IRAQ, SHELL, MITSUBISH SIGN 12 BILLION DOLLAR GAS DEAL !!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
IRAQ, SHELL, MITSUBISH SIGN 12 BILLION DOLLAR GAS DEAL !!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
IRAQ, SHELL, MITSUBISH SIGN 12 BILLION DOLLAR GAS DEAL !!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
IRAQ, SHELL, MITSUBISH SIGN 12 BILLION DOLLAR GAS DEAL !!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
IRAQ, SHELL, MITSUBISH SIGN 12 BILLION DOLLAR GAS DEAL !!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
IRAQ, SHELL, MITSUBISH SIGN 12 BILLION DOLLAR GAS DEAL !!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
IRAQ, SHELL, MITSUBISH SIGN 12 BILLION DOLLAR GAS DEAL !!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
IRAQ, SHELL, MITSUBISH SIGN 12 BILLION DOLLAR GAS DEAL !!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
IRAQ, SHELL, MITSUBISH SIGN 12 BILLION DOLLAR GAS DEAL !!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
IRAQ, SHELL, MITSUBISH SIGN 12 BILLION DOLLAR GAS DEAL !!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
IRAQ, SHELL, MITSUBISH SIGN 12 BILLION DOLLAR GAS DEAL !!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
IRAQ, SHELL, MITSUBISH SIGN 12 BILLION DOLLAR GAS DEAL !!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
IRAQ, SHELL, MITSUBISH SIGN 12 BILLION DOLLAR GAS DEAL !!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

IRAQ, SHELL, MITSUBISH SIGN 12 BILLION DOLLAR GAS DEAL !!!!!!!!!!!

2 posters

Go down

IRAQ, SHELL, MITSUBISH SIGN 12 BILLION DOLLAR GAS DEAL !!!!!!!!!!! Empty IRAQ, SHELL, MITSUBISH SIGN 12 BILLION DOLLAR GAS DEAL !!!!!!!!!!!

Post by darjohn Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:06 am

Shell, Mitsubishi, Sign Iraqi Gas Capture Agreement 12/07/2011

Shell, Mitsubishi, Sign Iraqi Gas Capture Agreement
Posted on 12 July 2011. Tags: Basra Gas Company, Electricity, flaring, gas capture, gas gathering, Mitsubishi, Rumaila, Shell, South Gas Company, West Qurna, Zubair

Shell and Mitsubishi signed a final draft agreement with Iraq on Tuesday for a deal worth between $12 billion and $17 billion to capture flared gas at the southern oilfields.

The long-awaited deal still needs the approval of Iraq’s cabinet, Oil Minister Abdul-Kareem Luaibi [Elaibi] said in a statement.

The Iraqi government will hold 51 percent of the venture, while Shell will hold 44 percent and Mitsubishi the rest.

The joint venture, to be called Basra Gas Company, will be vital to Iraq’s plans to boost electricity production to keep up with demand that is double the rate of supply.

“The execution of the deal will open the door for Iraq to export liquefied natural gas to the international market,” Ali al-Khudhier, head of state-run South Gas Co. said in a statement.

Iraq is losing 1 billion cubic feet per day of gas throughflaring, mostly from the south. It would use the gas produced under the Shell project in the domestic market to help meet the rising demand for electricity and export the surplus.

Iraqi officials have previously said the initial plan for the 25-year project includes setting up a liquefied natural gas project at a later stage, to export any excess gas with a maximum capacity of 600 million cubic feet of gas per day.

LNG is gas chilled to liquid form for shipping to export markets on specially designed tankers.

The venture would help Iraq capture more than 700 million cubic feet per day of gas being burnt off at three southern oilfields — Rumaila, Zubair and West Qurna I.

Reuters reports that the initial signing took place behind closed doors without media coverage despite last-minute confusion over whether it was going to happen.

Two sources told Reuters on Sunday the oil ministry had scheduled the signing for Tuesday, but then on Monday the ministry retracted an invitation it had sent earlier to the press and said the signing would be delayed without giving a reason.

But an Iraqi oil source and another source close to the deal told Reuters earlier the contract had been initialled on Tuesday morning.

The project faced legal snags and some political opposition in the past since an initial pact was struck in 2008.

A renegotiation of gas pricing and other legal issues were the latest reasons to delay finalising the deal, an Iraqi oil official close to the talks told Reuters on condition of anonymity.

“The Oil Ministry wanted the gas prices to be subsidised, while Shell and Mitsubishi were asking for global market prices,” said the official. “Iraq eventually agreed to increase prices for the gas that would be purchased from Basra Gas Co.”

“The tough thing was to get Shell to definitely agree to the terms, and as this was done and it was initialled, then the cabinet will pass it,” said Samuel Ciszuk of IHS Energy.

Shell said in a statement that it was “very pleased the Basrah Gas Company Joint Venture agreements have been initialized” and that the oil company will now “look forward” to Cabinet approval.

(Sources: Reuters, Wall Street Journal, Associated Press)

http://www.iraq-busi...ture-agreement/

darjohn
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Back to top Go down

IRAQ, SHELL, MITSUBISH SIGN 12 BILLION DOLLAR GAS DEAL !!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: IRAQ, SHELL, MITSUBISH SIGN 12 BILLION DOLLAR GAS DEAL !!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Gmansaid Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:22 am

Thanks for that one, darjohn. Very nice find, your work is appreciated!

Gmansaid
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum